Excellent subject knowledge is pivotal to a teacher's ability to engage and inspire pupils. We invest heavily in the development of our trainee's subject knowledge both before and during the programme.
Once accepted onto the course you will have access to our Virtual Learning Environment where you can start to develop your subject knowledge by completing a self-assessment audit.
Once you have identified your areas for development you will have access to a range of resources aimed at enable you to close those gaps.
As a trainee teacher you will also have the opportunity to take part in University accredited online courses aimed at further improving your subject expertise
During the course you will continue to develop your subject knowledge through a range of activities and experiences.
- Weekly sessions with a subject specialist during the induction period
- Subscription to the relevant professional subject association
- Access to the CLF SCITT and University of the West of England libraries
- Access to subject specialist mentoring during school placements
- Access to a central store of subject specific resources
- Attendance at termly meetings with all CLF subject teachers